The archaeological sub-collection (signature A, 149 items as of 12/2022) comes from the museum’s historical collections. Its core consists of the surviving amateur archaeological activities undertaken by the owner of the Návarov estate, Ing. Vilém Vaníček (1875-1961). In the 1930s and 1940s, together with others, he carried out archaeological investigations of suspected stone barrows and tombs at sites in the Železný Brod and Vysocko regions (Zlatá Olešnice, Sklenařice, Kozákov, Stanové, Sklenařice, etc) and also at Návarov Castle. Vaníček donated most of his archaeological finds to the Železný Brod Museum and a further collection from his excavations can be found in the museum in Vysoké nad Jizerou. The most significant element of this collection is a number of late Gothic and early Renaissance tiles from Návarov Castle. The Vaníček collection forms the main part of the archaeological collection of the Municipal Museum. The other part is made up of chance acquisitions with no further identification of the circumstances of their discovery. An Etruscan two-piece bronze buckle from the 7th millennium BC is something of a curiosity in the archaeological sub-collection.